Tuesday, May 09, 2006

party foul and a half

OK, I have decided to expand a little on what happend yesterday.
We decided on a whim to leave playa Zonte. We thought the time was good, and we had already spent alot of time there. Also Ads, Dave, Jono, and Jan (pronounced Yawn) were planning on leaving too and we were going to split the car ride to San Salvador for a last night goodbye fiesta. Turns out these three other girls that we had also met (one of them being Davids 'friend') decided they wanted to come too, so we ended up stuffing EVERYONE (including Soboro-our driver) into a car. OK people, this was 11 people, 6 surfboards, 1 body board, and 11 backpacks. It was friggen INSANE. Somehow, everyone fit and it was alright besides my door opening on a corner and almost plunging to my death. BUT, between David getting me in a right good headlock, and me gripping to his arm for life, it turned out OK. It was quite the adventure though.

So, we ended up spending the night in San Salvador at the 'Tica' Bus station. We hung out, for the last time (very sad) and slept the couple hours there was untill our bus left in the morning. My sleep might not have been that bad if my friggen roomate Jan didnt snore so loud. Also he had to get up at 230 for his bus so he was doing some loud bustiling around the room. But no worries, I had the 5 and a half bus ride to make up on my sleep.

So we finally made it hear in good old Honduras. So far so good I guess. We are staying in the capital (Telegupilia---or something like that) our hotel owner is a sexist racist, but its cheap and we are only here for one night. We just wanted to do some laundry and regroup a little bit. Tomorrow I think we are off to the Bay Islands with maybe a zip-line tour before. Hopefully my increasing fear of hights will lay low for me. Now, I want to say that we are going to be in Honduras for only a week, but we said the same thing about El Salvador and look what happened. I REALLY want to go to Nicaragua soon though, its my country destination of all C.A.

OK, I think this all for now. OH, EXCEPT I LOST MY HEADLAMP. Which totally blows, it was the last cool thing I had. Either the housekeepers jacked it (very unlikely) or its lurking in a corner somewhere taunting me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home