Friday, May 26, 2006

Leaving Leon

After a very lovely stay in Leon, I think today we are leaving.
Yesterday we spent some time taking some photos of the churches etc, and went to some of the markety type street vendors. I got some pretty cool stuff that Im pretty stoked about. In fact, I got Chella the raddest gift ever that I can hardy contain my self to say what it is.

Funilly enough, at our hostel we have run into more people that we met in Playa Zonte. I swear, they are all following us. There is no escape. Sean and Jasmine from Toronto (more freakin Canadians!) are pretty nice, we have been hanging out a bit, playing some pool...stuff like that.

Today on to San Juan del Sur, to hit up the surf again. There is supposed to be a really nice beach there that has white sand (not the usual black). Pretty excited to be reunited with the Pacific Ocean. For some reason, its like 10 times better than the carribean side.
Not really excited about travelling today, but I guess it cant be avoided any longer. It wouldnt be so bad if we didnt have to change busses about 5 times. BUT, this is the life of travelling, and it must be done....

2 Comments:

Blogger franv said...

Just as I was about to send a comment to your blog asking "Ok, what have you done with the real Clare?", I think that she has started to appear again - there is only one "freakin" in this blog.

There are so many fantastic scenes in your blog of places and people and adventures (and I don't mean puking or passing out).

Please, just for me, write one authentic, detailed account on your journey from Leon as though you are reporting to the New York Times. Let's see if you have the chops to be a real writer.

I have always thought that you do and I see flickers of talent in some of your accounts. This can be the gift you give me from your trip and I'm waiting anxiously.

Sent with love, always.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chella it´´s so cool that I bought one too. The woman at the counter who bagged stuff actaully grabbed my hands and pointed to it and mumbled in spanish . . . that´s how freaking cool it is.

Zoe

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home